Monday, October 14, 2013

Gabriel se bautizo!

And it was hermoso.  We passed by the day before his baptism and he told us he was anxious for the day of his baptism to arrive. :)  His mom, Juana, and brother went to the baptism.  We are hopeful that Juana can follow his example soon and be baptized as well.  They are a special family, one I have come to love very much.  Gabriel and his brother go to a special needs school.  Juana´s house what burned a few months ago and she lost everything but she just keeps on keepin´ on with incredible faith in Jesus Christ.  

Hermana Salas has given me the reigns to lead to area so that I will be prepared for this coming transfer when she leaves me for her home in PerĂº.  I make a lot of mistakes.  But I am learning a lot in a short amount of time, and I'm learning more about what it means to be a focused, diligent missionary.  It is intense!  What a privilege to care for the children of God that He has blessed to know.  I am trying to give them all I've got and to let Jesus Christ change my heart into how He wants it to be.  It is a process.

I want to have time to send pictures so I am going to keep this one short!  It was also the birthday of Hermana Castillo and we had a good time with that. :)  I love this ward so much. Everyone is so full of love.

I love you all!!! Thanks for your love and support and powerful examples. You are beautiful.

Loves,

Hermana Peterson

                                                                  bautismo
                                       el barrio, the ones I love so much
                                            An Argentine dessert...sweet potato jello on top and mozzarella cheese on the bottom.  It was the first time I had it. Delicious. Sits a little heavy on the stomach. but really good.
                                                      More birthday fun
the two in the back sitting down are Antonio y Martita and we love them very much.  They were converts of hermana Castillo four months ago and they are the greatest.  Some of my favorite people. :) and the old man, Roman, is the cutest old man you could ever meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment