Monday, September 22, 2014

And so it begins

As I thought about what I want to say to you today, I remembered one of the best letters I've ever read.  It is from my dear brother, Paul.  He may not even remember, but it was his last email of his mission, and it had a great impact on me.  I printed it out and have reread it several times since he arrived at home.  I read it again last night, and realized that he expresses what I feel much better than I could do myself.  So with a deep breath and a smile on my face, I say:

"This has been an awesome [year and a half], definitely the most influential of my life... so far.  But I promise you that this next year of my life will be even better than this past year on my mission.  I love this work with all my heart.  I am going to miss really badly a lot of things. Don´t doubt that.  But now I will continue life in the way the Lord wants me to.  When we live the gospel, we feel the Spirit and are happy.  God wants us to keep going up and up and never stop growing.  That is why I intend to stay happy long after my mission and have spiritual experiences every day, week, month...

"I´ve tasted some way delicious joy in the service of the Lord. I don´t intend to stop the feast.

"I will be released as a full-time missionary [in Argentina] in a few days, but I don´t think I will ever be able to stop being a full-time missionary.  I SIMPLY LOVE IT!  Everything I have learned these past [18 months] applies directly to the rest of my life, and I intend to live it to the fullest."

My heart is full and my joy... there aren´t words.  I know this is the true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God to restore the church in its beautiful fullness once again upon the earth.  I know families can be eternal.  I know sins can be forgiven.  I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us.  I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer.  And I love being His missionary.

"I can´t wait to hug you and look you in the eyes. There will be love."

Un beso grande,

Hermana Peterson
Abril se bautizo!

una noche de hogar





No comments:

Post a Comment