Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Oh Bragado, I love You

Yesterday was a beautiful Sabbath Day.  Not only because the sun was shining and the temperatures rose, but also because Alejandro, Gabriela, Josefina, and Gaston Sosa we seated next to me in the chapel!!  They all woke up early and made themselves pretty and went to church and loved it!!  Josefina even brought her friend, Guadalupe.  It was lovely.  And Marina and Abril went as well.  Heavenly Father is helping them make the changes they so want in their lives.  I love to be here to see it happen.

I will have pictures of them to send you next week, promise.

Hermana Adams came to Bragado with me on Tuesday and on Wednesday it just so happened to our cumple-mes together!  We completed 17 months on the mission.  So, naturally, we went all out and ate the most delicious breakfast of my life- french toast with ice cream on top.  and my dear companion, Hermana Cuevas, left me a cute paper sign. :)  Then we went back to 25 de Mayo to change companions again and Hermana Passos, who loves more than anything to try and make people feel trunky, made us a sign, with balloons and everything.  I love her.  It was a great day.

We taught the Word of Wisdom to familia Sosa this week and Gabriela is quitting smoking and they are all giving up coffee.  We brought them some malta and mansanilla and they gave us their coffee and tea and cigarettes to dispose of.  They have great faith.  They want to be an eternal family, and they are willing to show their love through obedience to the commandments of the Lord.  They were having a hard time praying as a family because they were all embarrassed to actually say the prayer.  It was like, "Okay, who wants to say the prayer?" and everyone just looked at each other, and nobody wanted to say it, so nobody did.  Well my companion is intelligent so she said, "Hermana Peterson and I are going into the next room and we´re not coming back in until you have said a family prayer." And we got up and left.  And they prayed!!  And then the prayed all together the next day and next and the next.  And then they went to church all together.  Christ taught that as we pray in our families, we will be blessed, and it is true.

Josefina is an artist and she gave me one of her paintings this week! So cute.  I love her.

It was a great week.  We are so grateful.  Heavenly Father is orchestrating this work, and we have the privilege to be instruments in His hands.  I love it so much.

I love you all and am so happy for the beautiful souls you are. Just trust in Him.

Hermana Peterson
Hermana Adams y yo

Breakfast of champions

No comments:

Post a Comment