Monday, December 30, 2013

Ciudad Evita 2B


Nueva Área!!!  I look across the train tracks and wave to Rocío. :)  Not really, but it is super close.

We went to the new ward yesterday and I felt like I was back in Bella Vista.  The bishop is like the bishop there- muy capo, full of love, tall, skinny, and rubio.  He even makes the same kinds of jokes.  And he has high hopes for his little flock.  We were greeted warmly by everyone.  They are excited to have sisters because it is the first time ever.  S we felt loved and felt a lot of love for all of them as well.  It is incredible how quickly you can love somebody.  I already feel at home here in my new home.

We knocked a lot of doors this week.  We started with nothing on Tuesday so we are visiting all the members and they are all incredible and many are willing to go out and work with us.  But after all that there is still plenty of time for knocking doors.  We found a few people that let us talk with them, and for that we are grateful.  We ask for water at almost every house because it is stifling hot.  People get really sweet and eager to help us when we ask for water.  People are the best.

Hermana Passos is suffering slightly from culture shock but she is, as all of my companions have been, a real trooper.  She is eager to learn and change.  That part is so important.  She has been helping me a lot in this week to remember all the things we need to get done and helping us see what more we can do.  We are developing a ward mission plan that involves brownies and I think it will function quite well. :)  Everyone needs to feel the joy that comes from inviting and teaching and testifying to the people we love.  If we need a brownie to get us rolling, I see nothing wrong with that!  It will be fun.

Christmas was wonderful and I hope it was splendid for all of you!  I loved seeing your faces.  So beautiful.  I thought and studied a lot about the birth of the Savior this Christamas season and I think it was the best Christmas Ive had so far.  In the few chapters of the Bible where it talks about Jesus´ birth it talks a lot about prophets, revelation, following the guidance we receive, submitting to the will of the Father, humility, obedience, and walking with faith.  Such a perfect beginning to such a perfect life.  Although the day of Christmas has passed, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas throughout all the year of 2014.  It is going to be a good one.  I can feel it in my bones. :)

I just love you all a lot.  Be well.

Hermana Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment