Monday, June 23, 2014

El Campo

This Hermana is no longer in the city, if you can believe it!  After 14 months I am now far from the center and I ride a bicycle!!!  
We received the call on Tuesday night that I would be packing my bags.  I was surprised but felt peace.  I called flia Guiñazu and they were so sweet. El hermano me dijo que había cumplido con mi misión en Morón y que el Señor me necesitaba por otros lados.  ¡Que tierno!  I  called and said goodbye to those people I love so much.  We headed to Ramos in the morning, with butterflies in our little stomachs!

It was also the despedida of Hermana and President Carter, and it was beautiful, inspiring, and made us all cry demasiado.  We will miss them terribly.  They are so dedicated and righteous.  And I am now in Bragado!!!  And I love it!  Riding a bike is the best.  Bragado isnt actually super "campo" because it is a little town, but there are no buses or taxis and only honking horns when Argentina wins a partido, like it keeps doing. :)  And when they win there is LOTS of honking.  For an hour or so after the match finishes.  We watch happily from our apartment window as the cars fly by with happy Arginitines waving flags and sporting Messi shirts.

My companion is Hna. Millet, from the United States!  So many surprises this week, I know.  She is an angel and is from good ol` Utah.  She is 23 and was teaching kindergarden before the mission.  She just completed a year as a missionary this week.  And she is super awesome and we work in unity.  I am so excited for this transfer.  We have already seen so many miracles here in Bragado.

David y Cecilia are a young couple with a daughter of 4 years, and they will be married and baptized in julio!! They are so prepared and excited and are always reading and praying and asking questions.  They are already making plans to be sealed in the temple in a years time. :)

And Aldo y Patricia.  They have been attending church faithfully for three years, and this week they will finally be able to be married and baptized, after waiting so long for their papers to go through.  Oh what a happy day it will be.

We had District Conference this weekend and Presidente Carter came for his last Sunday as mission presidente.  He loves Bragado.  I didn't get to know the Branch very yet because there were several branches there and I didn't know who was who, but there is a special spirit here and I am loving it.

I am happy and learning.  I've been studying about prayer and I am learning how to pray sincerely every time.  President Eyring said in this last conference that as we begin to pray like we should we will understand better that we are truly sons and daughters of God.  We will forgive others.  We will serve selflessly.  Our lives will change for the better.

I love Argentina and I love being in the service of the Lord.  We will be receiving our new mission president this week and it will be exciting.  The change happens on Saturday.

I love you all with all my heart.  Puedo sentir de sus oraciones cada día y me llenan de esperanza y fuerza para seguir.  ¡Les amo un montón!

Hermana Peterson
They are just so beautiful!


Translados!! woowoo!

hermanita salinas, mi corazon


el momento del cambio...me encanta la drama


Hna. Millet. Awww:)

No comments:

Post a Comment